In this article, we have covered how to install CentOS Web Panel on CentOS 7
CentOS Web Panel(CWP) – a Free Web Hosting control panel designed for quick and easy management of (Dedicated & VPS) servers minus the chore and effort to use ssh console for every time you want to do something, offers a huge number of options and features for server management in its control panel package. CWP automatically installs full LAMP on your desired server featuring: (apache,php, phpmyadmin, webmail, mailserver…)
Following characteristics install and configure during the installation of CWP:
- Apache Web Server (Mod Security + Automatic updated rules optional)
- PHP 5.6 (suPHP, SuExec + PHP version switcher)
- MySQL/MariaDB + phpMyAdmin
- Postfix + Dovecot + roundcube webmail (Antivirus, Spamassassin optional)
- CSF Firewall
- File System Lock (no more website hacking, all your files are locked from changes)
- Backups (optional)
- AutoFixer for server configuration
- CentOS 7 installed
- Minimum of 1GB RAM. Recommended 4GB+ RAM so you would have the full functionality such as Anti-virus scan of emails.
- Root access of the server.
Let’s start the installation.
1. Set hostname:
# hostnamectl set-hostname server.example.com
Add hostname in hosts file
# vi /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 server.example.com server
2. Keep the server up-to-date:
# yum -y update
4. Reboot server
Reboot your server so that all updates can take effect.
After successful reboot, connect to server using SSH.
5. Download the installer:
First, change current director:
# cd /usr/local/src
Download installer using wget command:
Note: if you get an error of wget command not found, install wget using # yum install wget -y command
# wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest
Now, run the command:
sh cwp-el7-latest -r yes –phpfpm 7.3
Optional installer arguments
-r yes -> reboot the server after successfull install
–phpfpm 7.3 -> install php version 7.3
That’s it. The installer will install webserver, php and many more.
This is article, you have seen how our support engineers install CentOS Web Panel on CentOS 7.
[Need assistance to fix this error or install tools? We’ll help you.]